Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Camel Ride At Timanfaya National Park in Lanzarote




I knew I could not walk on those sand dunes but camel ride was a better option. There were about hundred camels, dressed in colorful accessories against the dull brown background, some lazily sitting, other walking, trotting with people shouting with glee. 


From far, they seemed like beautiful geometrical designs, a group of seven camels, walking in a single file, folding into a C-curve at slopes.




Camel ride at Timanfaya National Park in Lanzarote was quite an experience. The landscaped is rugged and dramatic, so much so that it looked like another distant planet, the wind, so fierce that it was impossible to stand without support, with lava sand flying in the air pricking the face like needles. Camels had names like Sophie, Reina, Carmen, etc. They understood orders and walked following instruction, on tracks carved in the sand, going in a single file, bending at the curves forming beautiful patterns in the otherwise barren slopes that had no life except multiple layers of lava from volcanic eruptions. 



Exploring Lanzarote; Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails